1. Collecting information about you
Ruralco collects personal information about you when it is necessary for business purposes. Ruralco collects personal information about its customers, prospective customers, contractors, suppliers, introducers, agents, service providers and employees.
The information collected by Ruralco includes, but is not limited to, names and contact details, financial information, insurance history, credit history, transaction history, banking details and personal references. We only collect such personal information as is necessary in providing goods or services to you.
The information we collect may be provided from any contact you have with us, and may include personal information on forms filled out by individuals, face to face meetings, e-mail messages, telephone conversations, and information provided by third parties. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact.
2. Using and disclosing your personal information
Our purpose in collecting information is to provide you with products and services you may request and to operate our business efficiently. Ruralco may disclose personal information about you within and amongst companies within the Ruralco Holdings Limited Group but otherwise Ruralco will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent, unless:
- required by law or to prevent a breach of the law;
- we believe it necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested;
- to implement our terms of service;
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another customer, member, licensee, supplier, a member of the public or Ruralco;
- the assets and operations of the business are transferred to another party as a going concern.
When you provide your personal information to us, Ruralco may give you the choice as to whether or not you wish to receive further information about special offers, promotions, and changes to our products and services other than in the normal course of business. If you indicate that you do not wish to receive these, we will not contact you further for these purposes.
3. Service providers
Like many businesses, Ruralco uses a range of service providers to help us maximise the quality and efficiency of our services and our business operations. This means that individuals and organisations outside of Ruralco, such as mail houses, will sometimes have access to limited personal information held by Ruralco and may use it on behalf of Ruralco.
We require our service providers to adhere to strict privacy guidelines and not to keep this information or use it for any unauthorised purposes.
4. We will not ‘spam’ you
We may contact you at the email or any other address which you provide to us in order to:
- provide you with updated information about our products and services; and
- provide you with other information about our other products and services in which you may have an interest.
5. You can access the information we keep about you
(03) 6235 1444. Your information will usually be made available to you within 14 days.
6. Changing and deleting the information we have about you
(03) 6235 1444 and we will amend this record. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please contact us in the manner referred to above and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it, unless we are required by law to keep it.
7. Storage and security of your personal information
Ruralco will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Your information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. We require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Ruralco.
Please note also that Ruralco may use external facilities to process or back up its information. However, this does not change our commitment to safeguard your privacy.
8. What to do if you have a problem or question
Issued 5 April 2012